[IPython-user] ipython + emacs py-execute-region problem.

Bo Peng ben.bob at gmail.com
Thu Oct 14 11:36:46 CDT 2004

Dear list,

I am trying to use emacs + ipython but encounter one small problem:
When I submit a region of code to python shell, current buffer will
always change to the python buffer. This is very inconvenient since I
have to switch buffer before I submit another part of the script. (I
am using a shortcut to step through my script).

I was using the usual python-mode and did not have this problem. I
compared the old and updated python-mode.el and found no difference in
this particular function. Is this a ipython.el bug?

I am using Linux Fedora core 1 with kernel 2.4.20-31. emacs-21.2-33,
python-2.3.3, ipython-0.6.3, ipython-emacs-0.5.tgz .

Thanks.
Bo