[IPython-user] ipython + emacs py-execute-region problem.

Prabhu Ramachandran PrabhuRamachandran
Fri Oct 15 02:35:17 CDT 2004

    FP> Bo Peng wrote:
    >> I was using the usual python-mode and did not have this
    >> problem. I compared the old and updated python-mode.el and
    >> found no difference in this particular function. Is this a
    >> ipython.el bug?

    FP> I suspect this has to do with the fact that the ipython
    FP> support is only available for an old version of python-mode.
    FP> Unfortunately Alex Schmolck tried to get those patches
    FP> accepted by the mainline project, but they dropped the ball on
    FP> his efforts, and he is unavailable right now.  This is a less

Well, I think Bo means that this does not seem to happen if he uses
Alex's python-mode but does not use ipython.  So it appears that
something funky happens when ipython is used.  I am not elisp guru
either to be able to help.  When will Alex be back?

cheers,
prabhu