[IPython-user] ipython + emacs py-execute-region problem.

Prabhu Ramachandran PrabhuRamachandran
Fri Oct 15 03:13:11 CDT 2004

    FP> I suspect this has to do with the fact that the ipython
    FP> support is only available for an old version of python-mode.
    FP> Unfortunately Alex Schmolck tried to get those patches
    FP> accepted by the mainline project, but they dropped the ball on
    FP> his efforts, and he is unavailable right now.  This is a less
    >>
    >> Well, I think Bo means that this does not seem to happen if he
    >> uses Alex's python-mode but does not use ipython.  So it
    >> appears that something funky happens when ipython is used.  I
    >> am not elisp guru either to be able to help.  When will Alex be
    >> back?

    FP> Oh, I misunderstood things then.  My point about the lag in
    FP> the ipython-compatible version of python-mode being an
    FP> unpleaseant situation remains, though.

Umm, scratch what I said.  The problem exists with vanilla Python +
emacs + latest python-mode as well.  So Bo was using an older
python-mode!  The good news is that I have fixed the problem! :)

I'll get back to the list as soon as I have a good fix.

cheers,
prabhu