[IPython-user] ipython + emacs py-execute-region problem.

Fernando Perez Fernando.Perez at colorado.edu
Fri Oct 15 17:21:01 CDT 2004

Prabhu Ramachandran <Prabhu Ramachandran schrieb:
[...]
> Please find attached a gzipped file containing the new-and-improved
> python-mode.el.  I think you could consider sending this in to
> python-mode at python.org.  I'm not doing it since I have already spent a
> little too much time on this today.

Ok, guys, thanks a lot for this excellent work!  I will try to find a bit of
time this weekend to contact the python-mode maintainters and have this code
pushed up into mainline.  If that happens, I could actually start distributing
ipython.el in the regular ipython download, since it's such a small file.  All
I'd have to do in addition would be to mention the minimal official
python-mode version required, and we'd be done once and for all with this circus.

And by the way, with Bo's detailed instructions, I may even start using
Xemacs/ipython myself :)  It's a bit funny, because even though I use Xemacs
for almost everything, IPython is one of the things I don't use it for (I just
run ipython in a terminal, using the KDE konsole).

Best, and thanks again for the good work.