[IPython-user] Segmentation fault with -pylab

Francesc Alted falted at pytables.org
Thu Oct 28 06:02:03 CDT 2004

Hi,

I'm getting consistent seg faults when running ipython when started with
'-pylab' profile. The problem appears when I hit ctrl-C to abort some
operation or just to skip out the current command. That's an example:

$ ipython -pylab
Python 2.3.4 (#2, Sep 24 2004, 08:39:09)

?       -> Introduction to IPython's features.
@magic  -> Information about IPython's 'magic' @ functions.
help    -> Python's own help system.

Welcome to pylab, a matplotlib-based Python environment.
  help(matplotlib) -> generic matplotlib information.
  help(matlab)     -> matlab-compatible commands from matplotlib.
  help(plotting)   -> plotting commands.

In [1]:
KeyboardInterrupt

In [1]:
Segmentation fault

and that happens on my Debian system and with other machine running RedHat
GNU/Linux as well. Both running ipython 0.6.3.

Francesc Alted