[IPython-user] Segmentation fault with -pylab

John Hunter jdhunter at ace.bsd.uchicago.edu
Thu Oct 28 09:29:32 CDT 2004

    Francesc> Hi, I'm getting consistent seg faults when running
    Francesc> ipython when started with '-pylab' profile. The problem
    Francesc> appears when I hit ctrl-C to abort some operation or
    Francesc> just to skip out the current command. That's an example:

Hmm, I don't get the segfault when I do the keyboard interrupt, but I
do get it when I exit pylab after doing a keyboard interrupt

Welcome to pylab, a matplotlib-based Python environment.
  help(matplotlib) -> generic matplotlib information.
  help(matlab)     -> matlab-compatible commands from matplotlib.
  help(plotting)   -> plotting commands.

1 >>>
KeyboardInterrupt

1 >>>
KeyboardInterrupt

1 >>> [CTRL-D]

Segmentation fault

I see this with the GTKAgg and WXAgg but not the TkAgg backend --
the former two require threading and the latter does not.  No more
insights right now....

JDH