[IPython-user] Segmentation fault with -pylab

Francesc Alted falted at pytables.org
Thu Oct 28 11:11:59 CDT 2004

A Dijous 28 Octubre 2004 16:29, John Hunter va escriure:
>     Francesc> Hi, I'm getting consistent seg faults when running
>     Francesc> ipython when started with '-pylab' profile. The problem
>     Francesc> appears when I hit ctrl-C to abort some operation or
>     Francesc> just to skip out the current command. That's an example:
>
> Hmm, I don't get the segfault when I do the keyboard interrupt, but I
> do get it when I exit pylab after doing a keyboard interrupt
>
> 1 >>>
> KeyboardInterrupt
>
> 1 >>>
> KeyboardInterrupt
>
> 1 >>> [CTRL-D]
>
> Segmentation fault

Well, the same here. The problem is that after the first ctrl-C, you cannot
issue any other command in ipython: it remains blocked.

> I see this with the GTKAgg and WXAgg but not the TkAgg backend --
> the former two require threading and the latter does not.  No more
> insights right now....

I'm using GTKAgg (or maybe WXAgg, I don't really know, because both are
installed on my system).

Francesc Alted