[IPython-user] Segmentation fault with -pylab

Fernando Perez Fernando.Perez at colorado.edu
Thu Oct 28 19:41:08 CDT 2004

Fernando.Perez at colorado.edu wrote:

> I suspect that the fact that gdb traps the SIGINT is what allows the program to
> continue happily.  So I suspect what I need to do is install a signal handler
> into  the threading code.  If someone has a stab at this, great (it doesn't
> seem too hard).  Otherwise it will have to wait until next week at the
> earliest, as I am currently at a workshop and will be traveling for a few days
> with no computer access.

Ok, I sneaked a bit of work into a talk and I just committed into CVS what I
think is a fix for this.  It seems to work for me under both GTKAgg and WXAgg,
but I may well have missed something (I know very little about signal
handling).  Take it for a spin if you get a chance, I'll have net access
tomorrow for a bit and then I'll be offline until next week (climbing at
Joshua Tree ;)

Best,