[IPython-user] Segmentation fault with -pylab

Francesc Alted falted at pytables.org
Fri Oct 29 03:52:33 CDT 2004

Hi Fernando,

Thanks for the patch. It seems to work well for me. However, I must confess
that the behaviour looks a bit weird to my eyes. I'm very used to press ^C
when I don't want to execute the line I'm editing (both in ipython or bash
or whatever), as a rapid way to get the prompt back again. However, with
your patch, I need to press an additional 'Return', and more regrettably,
the command line that I was composing and trying to throw out is executed
against my will (!)

I hope this is not going to stay 'as is', otherwise my brain could become
severly damaged ;)

Cheers,

A Divendres 29 Octubre 2004 02:41, Fernando Perez va escriure:
> Fernando.Perez at colorado.edu wrote:
>
> > I suspect that the fact that gdb traps the SIGINT is what allows the program to
> > continue happily.  So I suspect what I need to do is install a signal handler
> > into  the threading code.  If someone has a stab at this, great (it doesn't
> > seem too hard).  Otherwise it will have to wait until next week at the
> > earliest, as I am currently at a workshop and will be traveling for a few days
> > with no computer access.
>
> Ok, I sneaked a bit of work into a talk and I just committed into CVS what I
> think is a fix for this.  It seems to work for me under both GTKAgg and WXAgg,
> but I may well have missed something (I know very little about signal
> handling).  Take it for a spin if you get a chance, I'll have net access
> tomorrow for a bit and then I'll be offline until next week (climbing at
> Joshua Tree ;)
>
> Best,

Francesc Alted