[IPython-user] Xemacs-mode: newbie help

Fernando Perez Fernando.Perez at colorado.edu
Tue Sep 7 00:21:15 CDT 2004

Quoting Angelo Secchi <secchi at sssup.it>:

 > Hi,
 > I've just started to use ipython and I was wondering I can I start a
 > xemacs ipython session with the numeric profile in order to have
 > available the gnuplot gpc command.

I think you'll need to modify in ipython.el somewhere to add the '-p numeric'
option.  Unfortunately, I don't really know if the right approach is to modify
the executable string to read directly 'ipython -p numeric', or if one must
define an argv list of arguments as ['p','numeric'], but with proper Lisp
syntax.  Since I know zilch about Lisp, I'm afraid I can't quite provide you
with the proper answer.

But if you're OK with a quick hack, a simple grep -n finds in ipython.el:

  109:  (setq py-python-command "ipython"))

Perhaps you can try modifying this.

Best,