[IPython-user] Good news (I think) for Windows users: ctypes 0.9.1 is out

Fernando Perez Fernando.Perez at colorado.edu
Thu Sep 16 16:01:42 CDT 2004

Hi all,

I just saw this snippet from the ctypes 0.9.1 announcement:

    The _ctypes.call_function function, although private and
    deprecated, has been put back in - it is used by Gary Bishop's
    readline module.

Could any Windows user confirm that under windows,
ipython+ctypes(0.9.1)+readline is working again normally?  This would be
excellent news indeed, and I could remove the nasty warning on the webpage
about this problem.