[IPython-user] Windows post installation

Fernando Perez Fernando.Perez at colorado.edu
Fri Sep 17 01:52:28 CDT 2004

Thorsten Kampe wrote:
> The Windows post installation routine gives this summary:
> "I created the directory C:\\Program Files\\IPython." While it should
> be "%ProgramFiles" (or even better the actual value you found in the
> registry with _winreg).

Thanks, fixed.  I can't commit to CVS yet b/c I'm testing some other things.
But it will go in later.

> By the way? Why do you use _winreg (which offers a lowlevel approach
> to the registry - while win32all offers better support?)

Because I don't have a clue what I'm doing under windows :)

Seriously, it's a miracle that stuff works at all.  I wrote it ages ago when I
still had access to a windows computer, and mainly in a day or two of blind
trial and error.  Since I lost all access to windows, I can't even test this
anymore.  But I'll gladly take in patches and enhancements :)