[IPython-user] Graphical Object Browser: Eclipse/pydev

Fernando Perez Fernando.Perez at colorado.edu
Wed Sep 29 13:21:47 CDT 2004

Travis Caldwell schrieb:
>  If you are looking for integration into an IDE and a graphical object
> browser, have you looked at integrating with pydev and eclipse?
>
>  http://sourceforge.net/projects/pydev/

[...]

Thanks for the tip.  My plan is to clean up the architecture enough so that in
principle, ipython could be dropped into _any_ gui shell.  IDLE and pycrust
were on my list, this is an equally valid one.

The point is that rather than targetting a specific shell, I need to abstract
out ipython's I/O mechanisms enough that it can simply sit inside of any other
environment and be happy there.  Once we settle the @decorator issue and I
release 0.6.5 with a new magic escape, this will begin.

Thanks for the feedback,