[IPython-user] prompt problem on emacs

Fernando Perez Fernando.Perez at colorado.edu
Thu Sep 30 17:44:51 CDT 2004

Hi Fredrik,

Fredrik Svensson schrieb:

> I'm trying to use the 0.4 emacs package in emacs 21.3.50 on a Windows XP
> Seems like the coloring support is broken in my setup. The in prompt
> is garbled  to something like this:
>     ^A^BIn [^A^B30^A^B]:^A^B
> Evrything except the first and the last control sequence is colored
> green, so there is some kind of coloring support :)
>
> The output promt is nowhere to be seen is another problem that I see.
>
> And finally the tab-completion of magic commands doen't work...
>

> Would appriciate any help that can point me in the right direction
> to solve my issues....

Unfortunately I don't have access to Windows, so I'm not sure what the problem
may be.  Under Unix, the ipython.el mode seems to correctly color the prompts
always, but users _have_ reported weird behavior with emacs+Windows in the
past.  Specifically, this summer we had this thread:

http://www.scipy.net/pipermail/ipython-user/2004-June/000367.html

Unfortunately, as far as I know the issue went unresolved.  Or perhaps Michael
did find a solution and can chime in.

Sorry but this is the best I seem to find.  If you get a solution to your
problem, it would be great if you can let us know.  It will help others in the
future to have it documented.

Regards,