[IPython-user] Re: OSX tab completion

Robert Kern rkern at ucsd.edu
Fri Apr 1 19:12:01 CST 2005

Eric Brown wrote:
> Fink's python and underlying readline do the right thing.

Are you sure it's not a local configuration that's allowing it to do the
right thing on your machine? Fink does not patch readline in any
significant way.

> There is also something (I can't remember what) to turn on os x's
> shipping readline to do the right thing.

Apple does not ship readline.

> Search google.

Can you be more specific? The following search terms, in various
combinations, do not reveal anything.

"os x"
readline
trailing