[IPython-user] Embedded IPython and readline under MacOS-X

Frédéric Mantegazza mantegazza at ill.fr
Mon Apr 4 03:33:24 CDT 2005

Hello,

Here is a strange behaviour of IPython under MacOS-X:

- If I start IPython in a shell, with ipython script, readline is available
and completion and history work fine.

- If I start IPython from IPShellEmbed class, then readline is not
available, so completion and history do not work.

Under Linux, readline is available in both cases. Why not under MacOS-X ?
Could it be a system config problem ? Could someone try this code under
MacOS-X:

from IPython.Shell import IPShellEmbed

ipshell = IPShellEmbed(argv)
ipshell()