[IPython-user] python-mode.el and ipython.el

Andrea Riciputi ariciputi at pito.com
Wed Apr 13 08:26:04 CDT 2005

Hi all,
I was considering how to debug my code from within IPython so I've read
some old message from this list about the topic. It seems that the
debugging process can be made very effective from within emacs using
python-mode and ipython mode.

Nevertheless, I got stucked with an issue regarding python-mode.el
version. I've checked my python-mode.el and I've realized that its
quite old (v. 4.35), searching the net I've found a SourceForge project
page with a newer version (v. 4.63). However, I've found on this list a
message from Fernando that report a link to a newer version (v. 4.70).

Now my question is: which of these versions fulfills the requirements
to properly work with latest version of ipython? And for sake of
curiosity, why so much confusion with version numbering of
python-mode.el?

Thanks in advance,
  Andrea.