[IPython-user] Debugging with IPython.

Andrea Riciputi ariciputi at pito.com
Thu Apr 14 04:42:19 CDT 2005

Hi all,
I'm try to debug and trace some Python-wrapped C code and in particular
I'm mainly interested to check for memory leaks.

What I have is a bunch of C function accepting multi-dimensional arrays
as input parameters and returning other arrays. These functions have
been wrapped into a Python module, and I'd like to check whether the
module behaves correctly from with Python. In particular I'm interested
in checking if all the data structure are de-allocated correctly when
they come out of scope.

May I do these kind of things using pdb from within IPython? How?

Thanks,
  Andrea.