[IPython-user] as defaults shell

Fernando Perez Fernando.Perez at colorado.edu
Thu Aug 11 14:44:53 CDT 2005

Rakotomandimby (R12y) Mihamina wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I would like to know how many of you use ipython as default shell, for daily
> administrative tasks... instead of common shells such as zsh, bash,...

I use it occasionally, but only when I need to do stuff with complicated logic
at the command line.  For plain command execution, I stick to tcsh, but I can
never remember complex looping and conditionals in tcsh, so that's when I
switch to ipython.

BTW, I assume you mean 'ipython -p pysh' in this, since plain ipython is not
very well suited to shell use.

Cheers