[IPython-user] os.startfile -> infinite loop

Ryan Krauss ryanfedora at comcast.net
Mon Aug 15 06:48:48 CDT 2005

I have an interesting problem with os.startfile and Ipython.  I have a
script that generates a LaTeX file and runs LaTeX.  I then open the
output with os.startfile.  On my computer at home, I have no problems.
On the computer in my office, I have no problems if I run pdflatex and
open a pdf file (with Acrobat).  However, if I generate a dvi file and
open it with YAP, it starts an infinite loop.  I know this sounds
crazy.  I will attach the python script.

If I comment out this line
os.startfile(ostr)  (line 77)
the code exits normally.

If I leave this line in and I am opening a dvi file, the script goes all
the way back to the begining and re-executes continually.

Any thoughts?

Ryan