[IPython-user] More Windows questions part 2 - \/ characters revisited

Fernando Perez Fernando.Perez at colorado.edu
Tue Aug 16 11:40:15 CDT 2005

Ville Vainio wrote:
> On 8/16/05, Ville Vainio <vivainio at gmail.com> wrote:
>

>>problems. I think it should be extended at least to shell aliases and
>>(for consistency) to magics as well. Try them on your own box for a
>

> Ok, I take the part about shell aliases and magics back because there
> appears to be some complications regarding filenames with spaces.
> example:

That was precisely my fear.  I can't play with this for a day or two, so why
don't you keep testing it and make some notes.  In a couple of days I'll ping
you to see where you're at, and I'll implement locally whatever has survived
your testing so far, and will use it for a while on my copy.  If it works for
both (and anyone else willing to try it), then I'll commit it.

I'm happy to provide some reasonable solution, but only if we can find one
that's indeed reasonable :)