[IPython-user] ipython.el extensions

Carlos Pita carlosjosepita at yahoo.com.ar
Wed Aug 17 18:39:30 CDT 2005

Hi! Sorry for the delay. I'm really busy and near to an important
release here at work. I've been trying to make ipython.el work under
fsf-emacs/win32. After patching a little Console.py as
suggested in
http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/help-emacs-windows/2005-04/msg00030.html
it seems to work fine. The ipython command string passed
to comint (through python-mode) is wrong too, as ipython can't be
directly executed by windows. That requires a trivial fix: simply passing
ipython as a command line arg to python will do it. Also
ansi color output should be avoided. The guy from the
post above solved it by filtering escape sequences. But it's
easier to pass '-colors NoColor' to ipython command
line.
All in all, it's working now, so I can play a little with it
at office. I guess I could send you something decent
(including win32 fixes) by the weekend.
Regards,
Carlos