[IPython-user] ipython segfault on debian

Rakotomandimby Mihamina mihamina.rakotomandimby at etu.univ-orleans.fr
Sat Aug 20 07:53:11 CDT 2005

Hi,
I use ipython,python = 0.6.15,2.3.5
On a debian testing (Etch) box.
It worked fine for a while (two or three days)

Suddenly, without I know why, it segfaults (ipython) whatever line I
enter, then exists reverting to my systel default shell. It even
segfaults when
- I just hit the arrow-up key (it's an habitual tip I have to recall
history....)
- I connect through SSH to the machine.
- either I lauch ipython with or without "-p pysh"

My notebook, under Fedora Core 4 and python 2.4 is safe.

How could I make it more verbose? an strace? see attached.
(I reproduced the segfault with the arrow up key.)

--
Administration & Formation à l'administration
de serveurs dédiés: