[IPython-user] -pylab option

Ryan Krauss ryanfedora at comcast.net
Fri Aug 26 10:18:07 CDT 2005

If I right click on my short cut, the target box contains the following:
C:\Python23\python.exe C:\Python23\scripts\ipython -pylab

without any quotes.  I am running windows XP.

So, the first thing I would try is right clicking on the short cut (you
may already be doing that), and looking for something similar.

I also have no problem running the following from a dos prompt:
C:\Documents and Settings\Ryan Krauss>C:\python23\python.exe
C:\Python23\scripts\ipython -pylab

without quotes.  But if I try your path without quotes, I get problems
from the space in Program Files.  If nothing else, you may try
installing Ipython in a folder where there would be no spaces in the path.

Ryan