[IPython-user] ipython -pylab in emacs

Fernando Perez Fernando.Perez at colorado.edu
Tue Dec 6 15:16:17 CST 2005

Hi Mark,

Mark Dowell wrote:
> Is there anyway to launch "ipython -pylab" as the default interpreter
> in emacs. I have set up to launch ipython, using the updated python-
> mode.el and ipython.el,  but would like to include the -pylab
> extension as well (a contribution to my continuing search for a MATLAB
> substitute).

This is what I have in my emacs config file:

(require 'ipython)
(setq py-python-command-args '("-pylab" "-p" "pylab" "-colors" "LightBG"))

This is equivalent to the command line:

ipython -pylab -p pylab -colors LightBG

Note the double pylab in my case is because I want _both_ the -pylab
integration, and to load a profile called 'pylab' where I configure a bunch of
personal tweaks.