[IPython-user] python-mode tab completion problem

Alexander Schmolck a.schmolck at gmx.net
Wed Dec 7 16:38:07 CST 2005

After a brief investigation, I think I have found the cause of the problem.
Apparently Emacs 22 for some reason (a bug?) doesn't grok [tab] properly as a
key name. Emacs 21 *does*. Anyway, try replacing line 74 in ipython.el:

      (define-key py-shell-map [tab] 'ipython-complete)

with

      (define-key py-shell-map "\t" 'ipython-complete)

and see whether that does the trick.

'as