[IPython-user] from __future__ import division

skip at pobox.com skip at pobox.com
Mon Dec 19 21:29:59 CST 2005

    Fernando> As I mentioned in the next message, ...

See my next message... ;-)

    >> The -Qnew flag isn't understood by IPython.  Is it possible to
    >> support it?

    Fernando> You need to pass it to the ipython starter file, as mentioned
    Fernando> by Harri:

    Fernando> On linux/unix you can fix this by changing ipython's first
    Fernando> line to:

    Fernando> #!/usr/bin/python2.3 -Qnew

Ah, okay.  I must have missed that detail.  What about going a step further
and (on Unix/Linux anyway) replacing the IPython starter file with a shell
script that processes command line args that should be handled by Python
proper, then invoking the regular interpreter with the various args the user
passed in?

Skip