[IPython-user] Re: windows 2000 can't find ipythonrc.ini for anything.

Fernando Perez Fernando.Perez at colorado.edu
Tue Feb 1 11:29:21 CST 2005

Ville Vainio wrote:

> Editing a config file on windows prevents it from loading. This is
> possibly a cr/lf issue - windows editors break the format somehow. I
> originally edited my .ini file in Linux and use the same config in
> Windows, which works. Perhaps creating a new config file from scratch
> could help?
>
> Perhaps ipython could be a bit more verbose about failed config file
> parsing...
>
> I'll try to look into this.

Well, I know you mentioned this to me before, but the funny thing is, I failed
to reproduce the problem.  I edited the .ini files _in_ winxp, both using
notepad and using pythonwin, and all changes I made were recognized.

So I'm sure there's a problem in there somewhere, but I'm having a hard time
fixing it when I can't make it happen in my (very limited) testing :)

Thanks for looking at this though, you have a far better understanding of
windows-specific issues than I do.  If you can spot what the actual problem
is, by all means let me know and I'll do what I can to fix it.