[IPython-user] two feature ideas

Ville Vainio vivainio at kolumbus.fi
Thu Feb 10 14:17:27 CST 2005

On Thu, 2005-02-10 at 12:45 -0700, Fernando Perez wrote:

>gtk/wx/tk support for matplotlib's guis.  IPython, in its current form, is NOT
>an IDE.

I sympathize w/ the sentiment, esp. since I'm not using it as an IDE
myself.

What I would see useful in IPython is editing *data*, i.e. objects:
first serialize the object w/ pprint.pprint, edit it in an editor, then
read the edited object back in with eval. I've used this to prune some
file lists and data structures manually.

But, it doesn't need to be a built in feature of IPython so it can
wait :-).