[IPython-user] tab completion on OSX

John Hunter jdhunter at ace.bsd.uchicago.edu
Fri Feb 11 10:03:47 CST 2005

When I do tab completion on dirs in ipython under OSX, I get an extra
space a the end.  So I have to do

So to get to python/projects/matplotlib/examples, I have to do

>>> cd pyt<TAB><BACKSPACE>proj<TAB><BACKSPACE>matpl<TAB><BACKSPACE>exam<TAB><BACKSPACE>

would it be easy to patch ipython to rstrip all completions?

4 >>> readline?
Type:           module
Base Class:     <type 'module'>
String Form:    <module 'readline' from '/System/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.3/lib/python2.3/site-packages/readline.so'>
Namespace:      Interactive
File:           /System/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.3/lib/python2.3/site-packages/readline.so
Docstring:
    Importing this module enables command line editing using GNU readline.

JDH