[IPython-user] Re: ipython.el + pdb rocks!!!

Fernando Perez Fernando.Perez at colorado.edu
Fri Feb 11 13:05:01 CST 2005

Alexander Schmolck wrote:

> I use the following (just change ``meta`` to ``control` in the first 2
> keybindings to get the behaviour you want; I find it useful leave C-p as
> previous-line, because I not infrequently walk around in command output or
> copy and paste stuff etc.)

Great, thanks!

> 1. I think this should also work under Xemacs, but I'm mostly using emacs, so
>    I can't guarantee

It works in Xemacs (with the caveat below).

> 2. I've got this in some special part of my config (it's done pretty much
>    before everything else), but I can't remember why -- maybe some other
>    package I use for some reasons tries to override these keybindings for some
>    obscure reason -- I mention that just in case you find adding the above has
>    no discernible effect.

Yup, I had the same problem.  Who knows why.  I just moved it to the top, and
it's OK now.  Thanks for the heads up, it saved me wasting time wondering what
I'd done wrong.

> Tell me if it works 0K for you then I'll presumably add it as a tip to the
> commentary of ipython.el.

Finally, is it possible for (x)emacs to complete like ipython does?  ipython
(as of 0.6.11 or current CVS) completes on python names AND filenames, while
ipython under xemacs only completes on attributes.  Is this doable/easy?

Best,