[IPython-user] Re: ipython.el + pdb rocks!!!

Fernando Perez Fernando.Perez at colorado.edu
Sat Feb 19 04:49:11 CST 2005

Alexander Schmolck wrote:

> But I'd be quite happy to make the required changes to ipython.el if you want
> a fancier completion mechanism (unless I'm overlooking/forgetting something
> and it amounts to more work than I think; however my current opinion is that
> the required changes to both ipython and ipython.el should be rather trivial).

Never mind, I think I spoke too soon.  Filename completion seems to be just
fine, I might have had stale files around.

I've only noticed one problem: if I hit C-c C-c in a python file, _without_
having manually started ipython (via C-c !) first, ipython.el does activate
ipython, but it seems not to configure it properly.  In such cases, instead of
the colored prompts I get a mess of escapes on screen:

In [1]:
etc.

I wonder if you know what to do about this one.  I often kill the ipython
session to flush big things from memory, and sometimes I forget to manually
restart it.

Other than that, I'm really hooked.

Best,