[IPython-user] Trouble with Win2K install

Dave Merrill dmerrill at usa.net
Sat Jan 8 14:52:45 CST 2005

Hi Fernando, thanks for your prompt reply. I tried the DOS prompt method of
starting setup, and it worked, thanks, great!

For the benefit of anyone else who has this issue, I unzipped the files into

  C:\Program Files\ipython-0.6.6

...then opened a DOS window, and did the following two cmds:

  cd C:\Program Files\ipython-0.6.6
  "C:\Program Files\Python23\python.exe" setup.py install

Tons of DOS cmds spat out, the shortcut was created, and launching it
brought up the config wizard, then ipython.

BTW, you're correct that I had unzipped the files successfully before this.
I'd also read the windows install notes, which is how I knew about the
dependencies on PythonWin, readline and ctypes. I'm not sure what didn't
work about setup, but looks like I'm there anyway.

I'd really love it if ipython could be invoked in the current debugger
context in PyDev under Eclipse. Is there any way to do that?

Thanks again for your help,

Dave Merrill