[IPython-user] Trouble with Win2K install

Fernando Perez Fernando.Perez at colorado.edu
Sat Jan 8 17:11:41 CST 2005

Dave Merrill wrote:
> Hi Fernando, thanks for your prompt reply. I tried the DOS prompt method of
> starting setup, and it worked, thanks, great!

Glad it worked!  As you may have seen, Viktor R. just contributed a true
windows installer, so as of 0.6.7 hopefully these manual games won't be necessary.

> I'd really love it if ipython could be invoked in the current debugger
> context in PyDev under Eclipse. Is there any way to do that?

No idea, sorry.  I don't use Eclipse myself, so I have no idea of what would
be involved.  If you get it to work, by all means post out your findings on
the list, I'm sure they would be of interest to others.  And don't hesitate to
tweak ipython itself if needed for this, I know the Eclipse user community is
quite large, so I will be happy to accomodate it with (reasonable) changes in
ipython.