[IPython-user] Killing a hung program

Ville Vainio vivainio at gmail.com
Sat Jul 2 08:08:01 CDT 2005

On 7/2/05, Fernando Perez <Fernando.Perez at colorado.edu> wrote:

> Signal handling is the big one, so you can background tasks easily.  I'd also

So let's rather just think that we need to be able to background the
tasks easily. If signal handling doesn't work from ipython window, we
could have an external program for sending the suspend signal to the
currently running process (just like my proposal in the case w/
killing a hung process, earlier in this "thread"). Who knows, perhaps
we could even end up with a more powerful form of job control, however
heretical it may seem at first ;-). Win32 users can't use ^z for
suspend anyway...