[IPython-user] Re[2]: IPython not reloading file under Win2000

Alan G Isaac aisaac at american.edu
Wed Jul 13 20:06:27 CDT 2005

On Wed, 13 Jul 2005, Fernando Perez apparently wrote:
> What version of ipython and what version of python are you
> using?  There is a bug in the inspect module (part of
> python) which can cause this.  I've personally never seen
> such behavior with current versions.

I had:
Python 2.3.3 (#51, Dec 18 2003, 20:22:39) [MSC v.1200 32 bit (Intel)]

OK, so I downloaded the recent version and tried installing
it.  It tried using %USERPROFILE% oddly in the path to store
a .ini file, but this produced literally
'C:\Documents and Settings\aisaac\My Documents\%USERPROFILE%\_ipython'
So there is an installation bug under Win2000.
(I should note that I have seen other applications have
problems with %USERPROFILE% under Win2000; I believe John
had to fiddle with this for font caching.)

Now I no longer have the problem I reported, which you
attributed to the inspect module, but I have lost the nice
highlighting I had before---presumably because I have no
*.ini file and so have lost all runtime configurations.

Suggestions?

Thanks,
Alan Isaac