[IPython-user]: IPython install under Win2000

Jerry McRae qrs0xyc02 at sneakemail.com
Tue Jul 19 07:42:08 CDT 2005

Hi Fernando,

You <F> wrote on Monday (7/18/2005 at 9:57 PM) thus about [IPython-user]: IPython install under Win2000:

F> It's little more than $HOME, and I very much doubt that it's of a whole lot of
F> use under win32, given that if $HOME is undefined, it goes to pwd.getpwuid:

Actually, it seems to work perfectly in win32.  It returns the
HOMEDRIVE+HOMEPATH, just as you want.  One can set HOME properly and
it will return that instead.  I just verified this on WinXP.  I think
Alan has a point.  If this works on Mac and Linux, then it might be
worth using the built in function.

--
Jerry

=========
(Python 2.3.5, IPython 0.6.13, Windows XP)