[IPython-user] Running with pythonw

Brice Thurin B.P.S.Thurin at city.ac.uk
Tue Jul 26 08:37:23 CDT 2005

Dear all,

I installed recently ipython on a Mac under Mac OSX panther. I followed
the instruction to use it with wx GUI.
When I looked at my ipython file in /usr/local/bin, I've got the right
first line:
#!/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.4/Resources/
Python.app/Contents/MacOS/Python

But when I run it with the -pylab option, I got the following message:
	This program needs access to the screen. Please run with 'pythonw',
	not 'python', and only when you are logged in on the main display of
	your Mac.
So, I am a bit confused.

The only way, i found to run it is to run first pythonw and then import
IPyhton.
Unfortunately, the interactive mode is not working properly, when I use
this way, as I don't know how to launch with the pylab option, with
this way.

I thank you in advance for your help.

Brice

Brice Thurin

Department of Optometry and Visual Science
City University, Northampton Square
London, EC1V 0HB, UK.
http://www.city.ac.uk/optometry/Luis/myresearch/Research/
scatteringproper.html