[IPython-user] [ANN] IPython 0.6.15 - minor bugfix

Fernando Perez Fernando.Perez at colorado.edu
Thu Jun 2 15:24:17 CDT 2005

Hi all,

I've just put out a minor bugfix release, 0.6.15.  It really only fixes
one thing, tab-completion inside strings:

In [1]: foo('/etc/hos <<<--- TAB HERE
/etc/host.conf    /etc/hosts        /etc/hosts.allow  /etc/hosts.deny

In [1]: foo("/etc/ini <<<--- TAB HERE
/etc/init.d        /etc/initlog.conf  /etc/inittab

but I wanted it out for a class I'm teaching next week.  If anyone is
interested in this functionality, you'll need to fix
~/.ipython/ipythonrc, so the readline delimiters configuration reads:

readline_remove_delims -/~

(or at least, make sure neither ' nor " are in there).

As usual, downloads at

http://ipython.scipy.org/dist