[IPython-user] % prefix w/ magics no longer work in pysh

Fernando.Perez at colorado.edu Fernando.Perez at colorado.edu
Sun Jun 5 13:56:39 CDT 2005

Quoting Ville Vainio <vivainio at kolumbus.fi>:

> I downloaded and installed the latest ipython, and now:
>
> [~]|1> %magic
>    File "<console>", line 1
>      %ipmagic("magic ")
>      ^
> SyntaxError: invalid syntax
>
> This only happens in pysh-mode.

Mmh, I don't see that behavior:

IPython profile: pysh
maqroll[~]|1> %magic
maqroll[~]|2> %cd

Could you try temporarily renaming ~/.ipython to ~/.ipython.foo or whatever and
restarting?  This will force a recreation of your config directory with fresh
files.  If that works, it will be some subtle conflict with the config files,
though I can't quite think of what it could be right now.

Let me know what that gives you and we'll try to track it down.

Best,