[IPython-user] Ipython, XEmacs and working directory

Neilen Marais junkmail at chatsubo.lagged.za.net
Mon Jun 27 13:24:46 CDT 2005

Hi!

I'm using XEmacs 21.4.17 with Ubuntu, python-mode 4.70 and ipython.el
version 0.6.10. When creating a new python shell buffer, ipython
will use the working dir of the buffer from where I pressed C-!. On the
other hand, if I killed the ipython interpreter using C-d, and use C-!
without first killing the *Python* buffer, it uses the working dir from
the last session. When using the normal python interpreter, the current
directory will be set to that of the current buffer when a new interpreter
is started with C-!, even if the *Python* buffer was not killed.

Is this a bug in ipython.el, or just undefined behaviour?

Thanks
Neilen

--
you know its kind of tragic