[IPython-user] Re: Ipython, XEmacs and working directory

Neilen Marais junkmail at chatsubo.lagged.za.net
Thu Jun 30 03:45:21 CDT 2005

Hi Alex,

On Tue, 28 Jun 2005 13:50:17 +0100, Alexander Schmolck wrote:

> Neilen Marais <junkmail at chatsubo.lagged.za.net> writes:
>
>> Is this a bug in ipython.el, or just undefined behaviour?
>
> Or a feature? :)
>
> Why not just nuke the *Python* buffer if you don't want that behavior? (C-k
> RETURN isn't much more typing than C-d)? Is there other stuff in it you'd like
> to keep?
>
> I don't find the current behavior particulary unreasonable -- but if you don't
> like it I'm certainly happy to accept a patch that controls the default
> working dir via a customizable variable.

Nah, you're right. It's completely reasonable, but if you were aiming for
100% "compatibility" with the standard python mode it might bother you ;)

Actually, there is one use case, in that you may not want to loose your
command history when changing files in this manner. Small nit though. I
couldn't be arsed to cook up a patch (prolly couldn't either, since I have
0 elisp experience)

> 'as

Cheers
Neilen