[IPython-user] Using graphical toolkits

Fernando Perez Fernando.Perez at colorado.edu
Fri Mar 4 12:43:13 CST 2005

Prabhu Ramachandran wrote:

>     ES> I'm afraid i can't help with qt. I don't know much about it.
>     ES> On the other hand, i have tried the -gthread option, but when
>     ES> i close the pygtk app, the ipython blocks. Does it happens
>     ES> just to me? Or is it
>     ES>   supposed to work that way?
>
> Happens for me too.  Something looks wrong.  -wthread works well
> though.

Mmh, sorry to hear this.  I really don't know, as my threads knowledge is
really limited, and I don't use pygtk.  John and I wrote that code very much
by looking at examples and asking for help, so this is a bit of a case of the
blind leading the blind: neither of us are, by a long shot, threads experts.

I'll try to look into it, but it will have to wait at least 2 weeks, for now
I'm swamped completely, and will be offline for a week.

Best,