[IPython-user] prompt problems

Fernando Perez Fernando.Perez at colorado.edu
Thu Mar 17 17:00:21 CST 2005

Bengt Frost wrote:

> I still have to configure emacs for ipython use. The 'problem'  occured
> when I tried
> for loop from ipython prompt(from xterm). I will read your instructions
> and also try configure emacs and then let you know. I'll be back! :-)
> Thanks.

Well, I just tested the prompt string you pasted, and I get this:

planck[course]> ip
Python 2.3.4 (#1, Feb  2 2005, 12:11:53)

?       -> Introduction to IPython's features.
%magic  -> Information about IPython's 'magic' % functions.
help    -> Python's own help system.
fperez[course] In[1] >>>

Looks OK to me, at quick glance.  If you have a problem, please be very
specific in describing it so I can actually do something about it.

> PS! Loves Python and Ipython

Glad to hear that :)

best,