[IPython-user] New feature in CVS, testers?

Ville Vainio vivainio at kolumbus.fi
Fri Mar 18 09:11:58 CST 2005

On Fri, 2005-03-18 at 02:39 -0700, Fernando Perez wrote:

> convenient.  I often found myself repeating a command simply because I didn't
> capture it, or wanting to do something to the last lines of output, etc.

<aol>Me too</aol>.

> I would greatly appreciate feedback on whether this is:
>
> 1. useful

Yes, very. When you get around to implementing the "ipython extension
API" for use by users own functions (I prefer creating functions to %
magic's), you might also want to expose these as ip_last_out(),
ip_last_err() or whatever strikes your fancy (hint, hint).

> 2. clear, easy to use, intuitive (esp. in terms of uniformity with the rest of
> the environment)
>
> 3. stable/bugfree.

I'll get back on these, didn't try it yet :-).