[IPython-user] New feature in CVS, testers?

Ville Vainio vivainio at kolumbus.fi
Fri Mar 18 09:23:41 CST 2005

On Fri, 2005-03-18 at 02:39 -0700, Fernando Perez wrote:

> I would greatly appreciate feedback on whether this is:

> 3. stable/bugfree.

Tried it now, there is the problem that ipython steals the stdin and
stdout by using popen, and as such you don't get interactive feedback
from the progress of the command (try 'find /' to see what I mean) and
programs that want the full control of the terminal (try 'vi') won't
work at all.

I wonder whether 'subprocess' module would be helpful here, and whether
it can be used w/ ipython due to backwards compatibility reasons.