[IPython-user] Using runlines

Frédéric Mantegazza mantegazza at ill.fr
Fri Mar 25 02:53:54 CST 2005

Le Vendredi 25 Mars 2005 09:41, Fernando.Perez at colorado.edu a écrit :

> Mmh, this is strange.  It certainly works for me here.  Are you sure you
> may not be picking up non-CVS ipython somewhere?

Yes, I de-installed the debian package, and installed the cvs version with
distutils mecanism (and I always remove the site-package/IPython dir at
each cvs update).

> OK, I did find a small problem here.  Please update CVS and try again.

Ok, it works fine. This is really great: users will be very happy to be able
to mix magic commands and python syntax.

> So in both cases it works.  Note the funky decrease in the prompt counter
> by 2, I have no idea what's going on there.  I may have a look, but since
> I expect this kind of 'batch' file running is not meant to return
> results, it's low-priority.

Yes, don't worry about that.

Thank's again,

PS : I'll update the FrédéWiki soon ;o)