[IPython-user] Re: Wiki

Fernando Perez Fernando.Perez at colorado.edu
Fri Mar 25 12:20:52 CST 2005

Robert Kern wrote:
> Frédéric Mantegazza wrote:

>>>Meh. It's a wiki. If you don't like what's there, change it! If we don't
>>>like what you changed, we'll change it back!
>>

>>Sure, but maybe you want to build the wiki tree in our own way...
>

> And if that's the case, we'll just change it. It's the Wiki Way. Don't
> worry about whether or not it's to anyone else's liking. If they care
> enough, they'll take the responsibility to change it. The idea is that
> the time and energy spent worrying about whether it's the right thing to
> put up is time and energy that could be spent just writing it.

Robert is totally right here, re the 'wiki way'.  Just do it, rather than talk
too much about it, and relax.  It's easier to fix later.  Just like in python,
use try/except rather than if hasattr :)

Again, many thanks Robert for getting the ball rolling here.  We can always
update this if we need, add more pages, etc.

Frédéric, feel free to keep this as the 'official' doc on this subject, and
update as you have conclusions on all the points.  Once this settles, I'll use
the wiki as a guideline to document all these new features in the manual,
which is critical for them to be useful to people beyond you.

Best,