[IPython-user] Problems with ipython.el

Fernando Perez Fernando.Perez at colorado.edu
Sat Mar 26 16:32:01 CST 2005

Alexander Schmolck wrote:
> Fernando Perez <Fernando.Perez at colorado.edu> writes:

>>>If you want I can certainly do it -- but I guess one of the reasons why I
>>>made
>>>the regexp fairly fuzzy was robustness (i.e. avoiding false positives)
>>>-- since the "standard" prompts already can be quite complex and varied (e.g.
>>>command rewriting and multiline stuff).
>>
>>I guess just catching that optional final space is all I care about.  It's
>>nigh impossible to configure ipython.el to recognize any prompt, since ipython
>>allows you to shove arbitrary code (you can put rand() in there, if you want
>>:) in your prompt.  So just catching the possibility that the default prompts
>>may or may not have spaces after the ':' is more than enough in my book.
>

> No problem -- sorry to send you yet another version of ipython.el today :) but
> ':' can now be followed by any number of spaces (but you'll have to quickly
> test it).

Mmh.  If I open a python file in xemacs and do C-c C-c, instead of running it
via the python shell (though it _does_ say 'Using the CPython shell'), I get
this mess of control chars:

]2; fperez at maqroll:/usr/local/home/fperez/test Python 2.3.4 (#1, Feb  2
2005, 12:11:53)

IPython 0.6.13_cvs -- An enhanced Interactive Python.
?       -> Introduction to IPython's features.
%magic  -> Information about IPython's 'magic' % functions.
help    -> Python's own help system.

In [1]:
...:  Out[2]: '\nfile with deliberate
syntax errors to check IPython.\n'
    File "<console>", line 1

etc.

The only two things in my init.el are these:

(require 'ipython)
(setq py-python-command-args '("-pylab" "-p" "pylab" "-colors" "LightBG"))

Any thoughts?  I'm pretty sure I'm running the new ipython.el, and I'm using
python-mode revision 4.70 from CVS.