[IPython-user] Problem under windows

David Guaraglia dguaraglia at gmx.de
Wed Mar 30 12:34:46 CST 2005

Hello everybody,

My problem is the following: I have ipython installed and it works OK, even with autocompletion, but when I press '?' (the interrogation mark character) I get a loud beep on the speaker and that's all. I don't get it output to the screen, so I can never use commands in the form "whatever?" to get information about an object/class/package. Besides that everything works OK.

My setup is currently:
Windows XP
Python 2.4.1c2
ctypes 0.9.6
pywin32 203
Gary Bishop's readline 1.12
ipython 0.6.12

Anyone has the same problem? Maybe my keyboard is the problem? (I use a brazilian abtn2 distribution).

David Guaraglia
dguaraglia at gmx.de
2005-03-30